New Build Insulation
Choosing and installing the right insulation for a new home build
When building a new home, you will need to ensure that your home meets the thermal resistance requirements set out in the New Zealand Building Code. See the NZBC for more information.
Southtile Christchurch will work with you to ensure the best insulation solution for your new house construction. We supply and instal insulation from reputable suppliers and can advise about which products will suit your build.
Installing the right insulation in the right way while you are constructing is the best way to properly insulate your home. Retrofitting insulation after a house is completed is of course possible, but access to wall cavities, ceiling spaces, and underfloor is always easier during construction. Best to do it right the first time.
Southtile Christchurch can provide a quote based on your building plan, or we can come to you and do a site measure before drawing up a quote.
Use quality insulation products from reputable suppliers
For new builds, Southtile Christchurch recommends and works with the following brands. Contact us for a competitive quote for product and installation.
- Bradford: Bradford insulation manufactures and supplies a wide range of insulation products for the home and commercial market. Environmentally sound manufacturing. Bradford products come with a 70-year warranty.
- Brownie: Brownie is the formaldehyde-free range of glass mineral wool insulation manufactured by PGF Insulation. It uses a formaldehyde-free binder that is free of formaldehyde, phenol or any other artificial chemicals. It is naturally brown and helps you improve indoor air quality and achieve a healthier and safer home by reducing your overall formaldehyde exposure.
- Earthwool: Earthwool glasswool is made using up to 80% recycled glass and sand, has no added formaldehyde, is non-combustible, and is naturally sound-absorbent. It comes with a full 50-year warranty.
- Pink Batts: Pink Batts are made with over 80% recycled glass, has Environmental Choice New Zealand accreditation, and GREENGUARD Certification, and have a range of products for different situations.
- Premier Insulation: Premier Insulation is made from the world’s most popular insulation material, glass wool, which is non-combustible and sustainable. Premier manufactures its products in New Zealand using fibres from recycled plastic bottles, is fully recyclable, and uses near-zero waste production practices.
- Terralana: Terralana insulation is a recycled natural wool product. Wool is a renewable New Zealand resource providing naturally superior performance and products that are better for people, our land and our future.
Contact Southtile Christchurch
Southtile Christchurch are your specialists in all forms of insulation. Call us today to discuss your insulation options for your new home build.
Ph 0800 768 848